Friday, September 17, 2010

Yesterday I was walking outside really late, around midnight, and I see a homeless man coming down a bridge over the freeway towards me.  When he saw me I could tell I scared him a little (me with a shaved head, walking fast and maybe aggressively toward him).  He tried not to show it, but his pace hesitated several times, but he kept walking forward.  At that moment, he reminded me of me about 20 years ago, when I was just a small kid that hadn't hit puberty yet and had glasses, and there were kids at my new school that were going to hit me, only because I was small and scared of them (seriously, how fucked is that?)  

When I got closer to him I gave him a little nod and a look that tried let him know I wasn't going to do anything to him. (He looks like Zach Galifianakis with an even crazier beard.) I've seen him sitting on that bridge looking over the 405 once before at sunset, I'm gonna try and talk to him next time (well, next time it's not midnight).

1 comment:

Rini Sugianto said...

that might be a good idea