Monday, May 19, 2008

Blizzard & The Mother Goddess of the World

I've thought a few times that I could sell Blizzard on sponsoring a climbing expedition up to Everest. It's the perfect match: Blizzard loves being the best in the world and they wouldn't go for anything less (K2 would be crap to them, even though it's a harder, more technical climb). Imagine climbers in Blizzard jackets striking summit poses on the highest point of our world. And even the weather conditions there fit the company's theme perfectly.

There's a large part of me that loves to test my limits, and honestly a part of me would want to go for it, but I also prefer not to die. I don't have the climbing expertise, and I'm pretty sure I don't have that insecurity where I need to make it to the top or my life is somehow incomplete. (I actually climbed Humphrey's Peak here in AZ a few weeks back and made myself turn around about 500 feet from the top even though I wanted to see it and it was maybe 10 more minutes of walking, just to exert my willpower.) But it would have to be a stronger climber who actually possessed skills that went (not to mention larger hands that don't freeze so easily).

Maybe when I'm 60 and most of my life is done, if Blizz is still in business, I'll pitch em on it. :) As long as they don't listen to Krakauer's Into Thin Air at any point, I'd bet they sign on.

No comments: