Sunday, September 7, 2008

Folding this hand

I've decided to fold my website for events on a map. It's been nearly a year since I started and this decision took a long time, and has been chock full of pain.

Here's what happens: You keep telling (lying to) yourself that you will work on the site, but you find yourself working on it less and less. The worst part of not making a firm decision is that the idea takes up space in your brain, you feel guilty about not working on it and those thoughts just eat huge chunks out of your quality of life. (That's been awful.)

You can consider this an epic, epic fuckup. (I've forgiven myself.) I will still work on projects on my own in the future, but only if I'm passionate about them (not just to make something good for a money grab). I will have to bear the weight of being a quitter on this project in future projects, but it's something I'm willing to do. I have been sneaking time away from this project to read graphics papers, and so now I can do that without guilt, and also indulge my reading on philosophy and history.

The weight of the world seems lighter...

No comments: